- Vipin E (2019 batch) has published 2 research papers in journals of International repute in 2019-20.
- Akshara RV cracked the prestigious GATE exam 2020 and is amongst the many achievers in pursuit of higher education.
- The Department of Aeronautical Engineering also ensures that students do projects which can be of great help to society. In compliance with that, our students were also involved in social projects like the installation of Solar Street Light at Pappanamcode.
- Our students have been regularly doing their internship at Air India Engineering Services Ltd..
- Our students are also doing their final year degree projects in association with ISRO
- All our students undergo internships in various sectors of Aeronautical Engineering in order to comply with the practical requirements of the Industry. Our service providers include the prominent Barola Technologies from Chennai.
State-level/ National level Achievements in sports, Arts, Tech fest, KTU/ Govt.Projects etc.
- Sadik Ali AV of S8 Aeronautical won the University Bronze Medal in the Men’s Pole Vault in the University Athletic Meet organized by Kerala Technological University in January 2020.
- Aarsha AV of S2 Aeronautical won the University Gold Medal in the 400m Hurdles (Women) in the University Athletic Meet organized by Kerala Technological University in January 2019.
- Sangeetha PV of S2 Aeronautical won the Gold Medal in the Malappuram District Level Powerlifting Championship in January 2020.
Research and Development (R&D)
- Our department started a technical forum as Venture Club for developing the students innovating ideas for research
- Design Concepts of Thrust Augmentation of Gas Turbine Engines using Laser, a concept engineered for the Airbus Industry
- An artificial aquifer using the plastic water bottles
- Developing Bio Diesel as an alternate fuel and thereby working on improving the combustion properties of Bio Diesel.
Tech Fests/ Internships/Workshops
- Joben Benedict Leons, Vidhya S, Noufal R and Abdul Haque (S4 Aeronautical) attended a 2-day International Conclave on Space Technology organized by Space Park, Kerala in association with ICTAK Academy, Govt. of Kerala in February 2020.
- A team of 12 students from S2 Aeronautical participated in the ‘INSPIRE’ Project Workshop as part of the International Conclave on Space Technology organized by Space Park, Kerala in association with ICTAK Academy, Govt. of Kerala in February 2020.
- Students of S2 AO (2019-23 batch) attended a 7-day technical workshop on ‘Modern Day Aeronautical Engineering’ conducted by Barola Technologies, Chennai.
- A team of 6 students from S8 Aeronautical attended a 1-month in-plant training in the COD Department, Quality Assurance Services and Technical Services at Air India Engineering Services Ltd., Trivandrum in January 2019.
- A team of 30 students attended training on ‘Engine Overhauling’ at Air India Engineering Services Ltd., Mumbai in August 2019.
- Ahana Arshad S, Jincy JC, Dinu Vijay and Sajith R (S8 Aeronautical) presented a paper on ‘Materials Used for Re-Entry Vehicles’ at the International Conference on Nanotechnology and Smart Materials, Design Artificial Intelligence, Manufacturing and Engineering held in Cochin in April 2019.
- Bijo MS of S2 Aeronautical attended a 2-day workshop on the latest technology in ‘Humanoid Robot’ conducted by Cochin University of Science And Technology (CUSAT) in January 2020.
- A team of 6 students of the Venture Club (a technical forum of the Aeronautical Department) conducted a workshop on ‘Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV)’ at ACE College of Engineering in August 2019.
- Roshna Rasheed, Swathy Sundar, Amritha JS, Aswani BA, Lekshmi S and Satheeshna Sanal (S6 Aeronautical) attended a 2-day workshop on ‘Virtual Reality’ at TKM College of Engineering, Kollam in February 2020.
International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research
Paper Title – Methods To Find Absolute Velocity Of Any Object Moving In Space
Student Name – Vipin
International Conference on Advanced Technologies in Science and Engineering, (ICATSE) 2019
- Project Title: Active Cooling Technology For Engine After Burner Cooling.
Group members: Vinayak, Safeer, Akshay Deva and Prasad Reghuvaran.
- Project Title: Aerodynamic Analysis Of Multi-Element Airfoil At Take Off Condition.
Group members: Gayathri, Mohammed Roshan, Eby S Mohan and Shibin Raj.
- Project Title: Performance Evaluation Of Ceramic Coated Combustion Chamber.
Group members: – Manu Ajith, Sreelekshmi, Anoop KJ and Anju Mohanan.
- Project Title: Simulation Of Atmospheric Boundary Layer Using Passive Simulation Techniques In Wind Tunnel. Group members: – Mohammed Thoufeek, Amal Manoj, Shahnas Shafeek and Madhav.
National Conference on Recent Trends in Aerospace Technology, Bharat
- Project Title: Numerical Simulation For Non Newtonian Fluid Flow Over A Moving Flat Plate.
Group members: – Akshara, Sruthi P S, Vipin and Asarudeen.
- Project Title: Structural Analysis Of F-16 Landing Gear Strut.
Group members: – Robin John, Sujan Miranda and Vishnu Sudhakar.