“Academic year 2016-2017
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering has secured 6th position among all self-financing engineering colleges in Trivandrum in the Sixth semester B.Tech Degree Examinations (2013 scheme)”
- Mukund Aswathy Rajesh, S3 EEE participated in “Speak for India Competition” organized by Mathrubhumi.
- S7 students participated in KETCON paper presentation 2016.
- Asadhulla Riza, S7 won the ‘Best Innovator Award 2016’ at Electrical association anniversary celebration event for his contribution in IOT LED display September 2016
- The first ever handwritten magazine in ACE college of Engineering was published by EEE Department, “SPANDANAM” including artistic talents of both staff and students on the occasion of anniversary of TESSERACT.
- The EEE students attended a workshop on CAD organized by the Electrical Association on 9th of September 2016.
- M S Vaishak, S1 participated and won second prize in skit competition conducted during ACE cultural fest (EPOCH ‘16) October 2016
- Aiswarya S H, Amritha V, Haleema S M, Neha Nasar, Ruksana M, Shahina Z(S1 students) participated and won second prize in Group Song competition conducted during EPOCH ’16.
- Aslam S and M.S Vaishak, S1 participated in Inter collegiate Sports Competition (Volleyball), 2016
- Students of EEE department participated in dance programme on Onam day
Academic year 2015-2016
- S and Haja Mohideen, won second prize in the quiz competition conducted by KSEB at District level and participated in State level competition.
- Abhijith Raj and Arun.V.S won third prize in the quiz competition conducted by KSEB at District level.
- EEE students won 1st prize in athapookalam competition on Onam day
- Students of S4 and S6 participated in the blood donation programme in collaboration with NSS wing of ACE College on February 2016.
- Robotics workshop conducted at Govt. Engineering College, Bartonhill February 2016 was attended by S2 students of EEE, Al Bilal and Anand Krishnan.
- KSEB 7th Seminar Series Competition January 2016.
Topic “Power Augmentaion in Kerala Issues, Challenges and Solutions”
The following students participated
- Abhijith Raj
- Arun VS
- HAja Mohideen
4 Harikrishnan S
Abhijith Raj and Arun got 3rd Place in Trivandrum zone
Haja mohideen and Harikrishnan S got 2nd place and selected for state level competition
- Students of EEE participated in the technical talk organized by QUEST in ACE Campus along with students of EC department on February 2016 on “Recent Trends in Embedded Systems”
- Harikrishnan of S5 EEE attended the Start Up I3Entrepreneurship Programme , a Govt. of Kerala initiative, conducted at CISAT College, Muvattupuzha on 18,19 and 20 th January 2016. The three day programme comprised of coaching for 2 days and a competition for the students to show case their own ideas on the 3rd Students won the 2nd prize in the competition.
- Imthiyas of S6 EEE show cased his talent in the short film named NIRVANA in the main role
- Students of EEE S6 , Imthiyas, Farzeen Abdullah, Shabeer, Abhijith Mohan & Azadulla Riza got a scholarship for coaching under NIIT academy.
- “Palm Print Recognition” by Shabeer S6 EEE got accepted in IEEE Conference to be held at Chennai. He has participated in the Kerala University Cricket match along with Akhil of S6 EEE held at Mar Baselios College of engineering & Technology, on September 8, 2015.
- Sivapriya of S4 EEE won the girl’s individual championship for the Sports day of ACE College of Engineering October 9,10,11 2015
- During July 2015, S5 students, Abhijith Raj, Imthiyas, Jayalekshmi, and Nowfa Mol participated in a technical conference on “Smart Grid” conducted by KSEB. The presentation taken was well appreciated by the organizers
- Shabeer Ahmed, S5 EEE won a cash prize for the Aptitude test conducted by Career Guidance and Placement Cell during 2015.
- Students from S5 EEE, Abdul Hakkim, Muhammad Haja, Haja Moideen, Muhammad Shan has won first prize in a line follower competition during Inter-Collegiate Technical Fest held at Mohandas College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Shabeer Ahmed, Mr. Akhil KS and Mr. Rameez Raja has participated in the inter-collegiate cricket tournament conducted by Kerala University.
- Sivapriya and Ms. Gopika participated in Badminton Competition conducted by Kerala University.
- Besides, the department won Second Prize in Inter-department Athapookalam Competition held at Ace College 2015.
Academic Year 2014-2015
- Paper accepted in Kerala Science Congress 2015One students from S4 EEE,Sabeer Ahamed got an opportunity for paper presentation in Kerala Science Congress which was held on 27th -29th of January 2015 in Alappuzha. The topic of presentation was “A NOVEL APPROACH TO FACE RECOGNITION FOR SECURITY PURPOSE USING DIFFERENT TRANSFORMS“. Through the participation in the event students got lot of motivation for the future academic carrier.
- National Robotic Championship WorkshopOn 10th, 11th and 11th of February 2015, A Robotic Workshop was held in our college which was conducted by ARK Techno solutions, Bombay in association with IITB. It was organized in accordance with the National Robotics Championship which is going to be conducted in IIT Bombay and was in continuation to the Robotics Championship which was held last year.
- The competition was the platform for the final stage of Championship to be held in IIT Bombay during the march 2015 for which Our College was the regional centre. Mr. Abdul Hakkim and Mr. Sree Swathy was the student Coordinator and Mr. Ragipathi Karthik and Mr. Vishakh K H was the faculty coordinator from the ECE and EEE Department as the competition was organized by the Department of EEE and ECE Engineering. A total of 61 students from different Departments and interestingly mechanical Engineering also participated
- Robotics Workshop (Zonal) on Robotics at ACEThe International Robotics Challenge (IRC) zonal workshop was conducted on 8th and 9th of October, 2013 at ACE college of Engineering, Thiruvallom, Thiruvananthapuram. Many teams from various colleges in and around Thiruvananthapuram participated in the event. Two teams from ACE college of Engineering won the IRC zonal competition (first and second positions) during the workshop and qualified for participating in the Techfest 2014 from January 3rd to 5th at IIT Bombay. The following two teams participated for the IRC event (Techfest) conducted by IIT Bombay in Mumbai from 3rd to 5th January 2014.
- Students of EEE Department of ACE college of Engineering showcacsed their talent at the ACE Fest conducted during January 11th 12th and 13th of 2015 where many student models KSEB models and Machine models where displayed for the exhibition and many projects where very excellent creations which were appraisable.
Academic year 2016-2017
- S. Hameed, registerd for Ph.D under KTU
PH.D Guide- Dr. Bindu.G.R, CET, Trivandrum
Phd. Centre- College of Engineering Trivandrum.
Field- Guidance & Control of Aerospace Vehicle,
- K H attended conference on Emerging Trends in Smart Grid, CPRI Bangalore, 2016, He attended FDP on Solar Power and its applications in SMART Grid, at LBSIT, 2016
- Remanikanth and Vishakh. K H attended CCNA Instructor training programme, CISCO Academy, Amrita School of Engineering, Ettimadai campus, Coimbatore, December 2016
Academic year 2015-2016
- Vishakh K H achieved scholarship from ‘Viswesvaraya PhD Scheme’ for Electronics System Design & ICT conceived by Department of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India, for pursuing PhD work.
Guide- Dr. Manjula G Nair, HOD, Dept. of EEE, Amrita School of Engineering, Amrutapuri
Subject– Agent based self healing protection in SMART GRID. He Attended
FDP, “Guidance and Control of launch vehicles”, MBCET, 2015.
Ms. Sheena Latif registered for Ph.D under Kerala University, Ph.D Guide- Dr. J.S Savier, Govt. Engineering College Bartonhill, Trivandrum
Phd. Centre- College of Engineering Trivandrum.
Ph.D Field- LVRT Phenomenon in DFIG
- A, Remanikanth, Sheena Latif and Abhijith Mohan attended the training programme on “MODERN DAY APPLICATIONS OF SPECIAL ELECTRICAL MACHINES AND THEIR CONTROL ASPECTS” held at CET on 12-17 October 2015.
- Sheena Latif, Assistant Professor, Electrical and Electronics Department has published a technical paper in IJAER- International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, Research India Publications, ISSN 0973-4562, Vol.10 No.16, 2015 on “Modelling and Simulation of Vector Control of DFIG Using SEQUEL”.
- Sheena Latif, Haja Mohideen, Harikrishnan S, Abhijith Raj and Arun V S published a journal “A Novel Approach on Reuse and Regeneration of Electricity”, ijetst.com- IJETST- Vol.||03||Issue||03||Pages 226-229||March||ISSN 2348-9480.
- Aysha S.Hameed, Nandhu O.B, Imthiyas N C, Abhijith Raj, Shabeer Ahmed, on “Discrete PID Control Scheme for a Hard Disk Drive ServoMechanism”. http://www.ijser.org/onlineResearchPaperViewer.aspx?Discrete-PID- Control-Scheme-for-a-Hard-Disk-Drive-ServoMechanism.pdf
- Smrithi U.S, Nishad P.N, Sheena Latif and Aysha Hameed participated in the FDP on CONCEPTS COACHING conducted under ICTAK at ACE College of Engineering from 4-6th January 2016.
- Smrithi U.S published a paper, “Augmentation of Classical and Adaptive Control for Second Generation Launch Vehicles” In IJERT, Volume. 5, Issue. 04 , April – 2016
- Visakh K H, Mr. Remanikanth S and Mr. Abhijit Mohan from the department has attended training by Microsoft on the use of Microsoft tools as effective training aid for teachers 2016.
- All the faculty from the department has attended the 3- day Faculty Development Training Programme and Neuro Linguistic Training Programme conducted at ACE College of Engineering, by Career Launchers on 2016.
Academic Year 2014-2015
- Abhijith Mohan participated in the International Conference on Emerging Trends in Electrical Engineering, ICETREE 2014, held on August 2014 at TKM College of Engineering, Kollam
Academic Year 2013-2014
- Abhijith Mohan, participated in Dhadkan 2K14, Project Presentation organized by Dept. of EEE of Heera College of Engineering & Technology on March 2014.
- Remanikanth attended Faculty Development Programme on “State of the art of Industrial Automation and Instrumentation”, organized by College of Engineering Adoor, on November 2013. FDP on “Modern Display Devices based on Nano Technology”, organized by College of Engineering, Adoor on November 2013.